APL Customer Support Supervisor (Exports) in Melbourne, Australia
APL, one of the world's leading ocean carriers, offers more than 90 weekly services and call ports in over 50 countries worldwide and provides container transportation through an international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce.
APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, the world's third largest container shipping company with headquarters in Marseilles, France. The Group offers a complete range of activities including shipping, handling facilities in port as well as logistics on land. The Australian group consists of CMA CGM Australia, ANL Container Line Pty Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of CMA CGM group) and APL (a wholly owned subsidiary of CMA CGM group) with centralised offices in Melbourne and branch offices in all Australian states.
An exciting leadership role is now available in our APL Customer Support team in Melbourne. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Support Supervisor (Exports) will be responsible to:
• Lead and manage the Export Customer Support Team to ensure delivery of quality customer service to all internal and external APL clients and prospective clients.
• Ensure the workflow allocation and staff performance meets Superior Customer Service Delivery (SERVQUAL) for internal and external customers.
• Monitor and ensure the Customer Support Team’s adherence and performance against all corporate policies.
• Assist in recruiting, selecting and training staff.
• Ensure all Customer Support Team members meet their Key Performance Indicators, including but not limited to, Account Receivables as well as promoting E-Commerce.
To be successful in this role, you MUST have -
• Australian citizenship or permanent residence.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Customer-oriented approach
• Prior experience with all aspects of Import procedures.
• Exposure to mainframe documentation systems.
• Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
• Ability to monitor the progress of direct reports and to delegate.
• Ability to develop team members and to impart knowledge and develop shared solutions.
• Strong customer service focus
• Proficient in preparing presentations and reports for customers
• Good telephone technique
• Ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised
• Minimum 4 years' experience in shipping or a related industry would be preferable.
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment
We are looking for a motivated leader who thrives under pressure and can work towards deadlines. In return, APL and the CMA CGM group provide unlimited opportunities to grow your career throughout our wide international network.