APL Sales and Operations Coordinator in Darwin, Australia
ANL is a container shipping operator with its roots firmly planted in Australian soil. Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia and originally owned by the Australian government, ANL was purchased by CMA CGM in 1998. CMA CGM Group is one of the leading container carriers in the world and is head quartered in Marseille, France. ANL’s core business is liner shipping with the organisation also offering broader solutions that include intermodal and value added services. The Group values of initiative, boldness, imagination and integrity continue to inspire over 30,000 employees spread across 755 offices worldwide.
We now have a fantastic permanent part time position available in the Darwin office. Reporting to the State Manager Northern Territory, the successful candidate will ideally be working 5 days a week for five hours each day, and will be responsible for:
• all aspects of port and husbandry duties in the designated territory including operational activities, Port Call Reports and invoicing.
• efficiently handling all enquiries from a group of designated clients, thereby ensuring their requirements are satisfied where possible.
• reporting Sales/Marketing information and relevant details to the manager.
• generation of profitable revenue for ANL throughout Northern Territory in conjunction with the State Manager NT.
• contribution towards the achievement of the regional Budget and achieving the pre-determined sales targets.
• creating and exploiting opportunities to increase the level and profitability of cargo carried and other business opportunities for the ANL group.
• undertaking a proactive role in the development of regional sales strategies in conjunction with the State Manager NT, and providing efficient and effective sales and services to customers in the region.
To be successful in this role, an individual should possess the following skills and experience -
• Australian citizenship/permanent residence.
• Tertiary qualifications in related discipline.
• Previous experience within the shipping industry.
• 3 years' experience in a similar role within sales.
• Ability to pickup systems quickly.
• Strong computer skills with Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills.
• Previous experience in the shipping industry with an understanding of husbandry and operational Duties.
• Ability to liaise with a broad spectrum of people and build sound working relationships with clients.
• High level of inter-personal skills; proven experience dealing with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Sensitivity, diplomacy and tact.
• The ability to to work in a team environment, and grow in terms of responsibilities and input
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, within and outside the company
• Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and demands
• Commercial, customer-oriented approach.
• Strong negotiation skills, analytical skills and the ability to think strategically.
We are looking for a motivated individual who thrives under pressure and can work towards deadlines. In return, ANL and the CMA CGM group provide unlimited opportunities to grow your career throughout our wide international network.